Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com> on 2013/08/05 09:47:55 UTC

Promoting the exchange message cause exception as property or header when moving it to dead letter queue

Hi ,

I wonder  if it possible for camel to add custom property or header on the
message that  exhausted all  redelivery retries and moved to  dead letter
queue

This property may contain serialized version of the exception that lead
moving that message to dead letter queue

This property will be very helpful– for me at least  - when processing those
dead letter queue messages and usually creating NAK messages

My current alternative option for creating such NAK message is to handle
those exceptions in each route

Please advice

-----
Othman Darwish
ProgressSoft Corp.

Re: Promoting the exchange message cause exception as property or header when moving it to dead letter queue

Posted by Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com>.
Many Thanks

-----

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah you can do that

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com> wrote:
> if i got you ... i need to define deadLetterChannel as error handler and that
> dead letter channel send the exchange to direct end point , inside that
> direct route  enrich my exchange as i want  ?
>

> -----
> Othman Darwish
> ProgressSoft Corp.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Promoting the exchange message cause exception as property or header when moving it to dead letter queue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
The dead letter endpoint can just be another route, and then use the
direct component to send to that route. And in the route you can
enrich the message with the details you want, before sending to the
actual dead letter channel.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Darwish <ot...@progressoft.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I wonder  if it possible for camel to add custom property or header on the
> message that  exhausted all  redelivery retries and moved to  dead letter
> queue
>
> This property may contain serialized version of the exception that lead
> moving that message to dead letter queue
>
> This property will be very helpful– for me at least  - when processing those
> dead letter queue messages and usually creating NAK messages
>
> My current alternative option for creating such NAK message is to handle
> those exceptions in each route
>
> Please advice
>

> -----
> Othman Darwish