Posted to user@commons.apache.org by John Pollard <jp...@meierpollard.com> on 2003/02/19 17:27:31 UTC

SAXParseException after processing 2685 records

I am getting the following stack trace after processing a few thousand
records out of a file of 6000 records. It varies how far it gets
through the file before this happens. I'm using digester 1.2 and
beanutils 1.5. All the records in the file are the same and next time
the same record will parse ok. The file has 165,000 lines (about 27
lines per record).

Throwable: class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException, Error at (72511, 62:
null
         at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:20
33)
         at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:20
53)
         at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:833)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser
.java:432)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endElement(XMLSchemaValidat
or.java:504)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.
java:629)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDValida
tor.java:2731)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator.ja
va:900)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.handleEndElement(X
MLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1136)

Thanks
John

Re: [digester] SAXParseException after processing 2685 records [WAS Re: SAXParseException after processing 2685 records]

Posted by John Pollard <jp...@meierpollard.com>.
Thanks for the replies. This was resolved by upgrading to digester 1.4
and beanutils 1.6.1 as suggested by Robert. I grabbed at the old
versions on the apache web site (the ones not downloaded from mirror
sites) because I saw them at the top of a list of versions. More haste
less speed.

[digester] SAXParseException after processing 2685 records [WAS Re: SAXParseException after processing 2685 records]

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 05:13 PM, Janek Bogucki wrote:

> Hi John,
>
>> From: John Pollard <jp...@meierpollard.com>
>> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:27:31 +0000
>> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
>> Subject: SAXParseException after processing 2685 records
>>
>> I am getting the following stack trace after processing a few thousand
>> records out of a file of 6000 records. It varies how far it gets
>> through the file before this happens. I'm using digester 1.2 and
>> beanutils 1.5. All the records in the file are the same and next time
>> the same record will parse ok. The file has 165,000 lines (about 27
>> lines per record).
>>
>> Throwable: class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException, Error at (72511, 62:
>> null
>> at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:20
>> 33)
>> at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:20
>> 53)
>> at
>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:833)
>> at
>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser
>> .java:432)
>> at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endElement(XMLSchemaValidat
>> or.java:504)
>> at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.
>> java:629)
>> at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDValida
>> tor.java:2731)
>> at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator.ja
>> va:900)
>> at
>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.handleEndElement(X
>> MLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1136)
>>
>> Thanks
>> John
>>

> It might be useful to learn the cause of the InvocationTargetException.
> You
> can access the InvocationTargetException through the getException method
> of
> the SAXParseException object. Maybe this will help locate the problem.

oops sorry - janek is absolutely right and my last email was quite wrong.

sounds like it's a bit mysterious. could you try with the latest releases
(digester 1.4 and beanutils 1.6.1)?

- robert

Re: SAXParseException after processing 2685 records

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ya...@studylink.com>.
Hi John,

> From: John Pollard <jp...@meierpollard.com>
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:27:31 +0000
> To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: SAXParseException after processing 2685 records
>
> I am getting the following stack trace after processing a few thousand
> records out of a file of 6000 records. It varies how far it gets
> through the file before this happens. I'm using digester 1.2 and
> beanutils 1.5. All the records in the file are the same and next time
> the same record will parse ok. The file has 165,000 lines (about 27
> lines per record).
>
> Throwable: class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException, Error at (72511, 62:
> null
> at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:20
> 33)
> at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:20
> 53)
> at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:833)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser
> .java:432)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endElement(XMLSchemaValidat
> or.java:504)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endElement(XMLNamespaceBinder.
> java:629)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleEndElement(XMLDTDValida
> tor.java:2731)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endElement(XMLDTDValidator.ja
> va:900)
> at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.handleEndElement(X
> MLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1136)
>
> Thanks
> John

It might be useful to learn the cause of the InvocationTargetException. You
can access the InvocationTargetException through the getException method of
the SAXParseException object. Maybe this will help locate the problem.

-Janek

[digester] SAXParseException after processing 2685 records [WAS Re: SAXParseException after processing 2685 records]

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi john

could you remember to prefix with the component in future - most of the
developers use filtering and so you'll (usually) get a better response if
you use the prefix.

from the stack trace, this appear to be a validation issue (rather than a
digester problem). could you try validating your xml first?

- robert