Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.no> on 2009/05/19 10:55:26 UTC

Continuous integration with phpUnderControl

Hi again,

I've been running phpUnderControl with log4php for some time now [1].

For each revision:
- run all unit tests [2]
- and make code coverage report available from that build [3]
- and make api documentation available from that build [4]
- run PHP_CodeSniffer [5] (need to improve the settings according to our
rules here)
- output the logs of PMD (Project Mess Detection) from PHPUnit [6]
- output some nice svg graphs to look at [7]

Knut

[1] http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php
[2]
http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=testResults
[3]
http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=coverage
[4]
http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=documentation
[5]
http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=phpcs
[6] http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=pmd
[7]
http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=metrics

Re: Continuous integration with phpUnderControl

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> When clicking on appenders, it looks like PDOAppender is not tested.
>> is there anything to do for making this work? A testcase is available
>>

> Yes, that's right. The test case rely on pdo_sqlite extension. As you may
> have noticed I added a markTestSkipped() if this extension is not available
> in the current environment. I will have to install it later so this test
> case is also executed.

OK, I understood thanks for enlightenment

> Remember to add markTestSkipped() in other similar cases in order to not
> "break the build" ;)

Yes, I will go through the testcases one day and do this for all. We
have several testcases which do some executions, but don't assert
anything. These should get markTestSkipped too in most cases I guess

Cheers
christian

Posted by Knut Urdalen <kn...@php.no>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Btw:
http://www.substring.no:8080/cruisecontrol/buildresults/log4php?tab=coverage

When clicking on appenders, it looks like PDOAppender is not tested.
is there anything to do for making this work? A testcase is available

Christian

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Knut,
this is great I love it! Thank you very much!!
Best,