Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Elena Litani <el...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/02/07 01:16:10 UTC

README: PSVI API

We would like to know if the PSVI API** in Xerces satisfies your needs.

For that purpose, we would appreciate your input on the following
questions:

a) What kind of problems you are trying to solve using this API?

b) Do you use the API to retrieve element and attribute types?
And if yes, how do you use the type information in your application?

c) What kind of information, other than types, do you retrieve from the
PSVI?

The answers could be send directly to me (elitani@ca.ibm.com).

Thanks a lot for you input!
--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto

** The PSVI API is located in the org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.psvi and
org.apache.xerces.xni packages. This release we've deprecated this
package to give you a "warning" that next release this API could be
moved to another package. Basically, there is no replacement now, and in
Xerces 2.3. you should use those deprecated packages if you want to
access PSVI. Sorry for the confusions we might have caused...