Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com> on 2003/03/04 21:08:06 UTC

[OT] Re: maven POM and snapshot jars in the project.xml

> Case 2: Some projects have multiple development version.  For
> example, Torque has 3.0.1 and 3.1.  torque-SNAPSHOT can only point
> to one of them.

As an aside of sorts, isn't this situation very confusing regardless
of snapshots and all that?  Although I'm a developer on both Turbine
and Torque, with my end-user hat on, I find it very confusing to track
multiple sub-versions of the same release, let alone snaps of those
versions.

I'm not sure I have a real point here, just observing something out
loud, wondering if any others viewed the situation in the same light.

I guess I wonder if multiple streams of development in the same
codebase is a *non*-best practice.  Short Releases?

Anyhow, carry on.

                                                    ekkerbj@yahoo.com