Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Helck <Ch...@us.icap.com> on 2007/10/03 22:35:51 UTC

How to deploy to a snapshot site?

Hello,

In maven2 how can I have snapshots websites deploy to one URL and
releases deploy to another?

Thanks,
Christopher Helck

This communication and all information (including, but not limited to,
 market prices/levels and data) contained therein (the "Information") is
 for informational purposes only, is confidential, may be legally
 privileged and is the intellectual property of ICAP plc and its affiliates
 ("ICAP") or third parties. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
 lost by any mistransmission. The Information is not, and should not
 be construed as, an offer, bid or solicitation in relation to any
 financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.
 The Information is not warranted, including, but not limited, as to
 completeness, timeliness or accuracy and is subject to change
 without notice. ICAP assumes no liability for use or misuse of the
 Information. All representations and warranties are expressly
 disclaimed. The Information does not necessarily reflect the views of
 ICAP. Access to the Information by anyone else other than the
 recipient is unauthorized and any disclosure, copying, distribution or
 any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited. If
 copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
 notify the sender.

Re: How to deploy to a snapshot site?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/6/07, Chuck Canning <cc...@ccanning.com> wrote:

> You could also have one profile for snapshots and another profile for
> release. Also, since you have to update the POM for the release version vs
> snapshot, couldn't you also change the <site> url?

The release plugin automates updating the version number and tagging,
so unless you put ${version} in the url, you'll miss your chance to
update it.

Looks like distributionManagement is allowed inside <profile> so that
might work, but how do you propose to activate the profile?

--
Wendy

Re: How to deploy to a snapshot site?

Posted by Chuck Canning <cc...@ccanning.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

in the 'Why Maven is Hard' thread, Wendy pointed [1] out that there is
configuration in the latest plugin parent pom to do somthing like this.

-Tim

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Why-Maven-is-Hard--tf4507688s177.html#a12966594