Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Philip Prindeville <ph...@redfish-solutions.com> on 2006/11/23 19:49:06 UTC

List weirdness

I'm seeing the following (attached).

I went back and looked at the message that seems to have
provoked it, and there was nothing odd about the message:
no attachments, nothing but text/plain 7-bit, in the body
(though it's weird that it's a 7-bit body, but charset=iso-8859-1).

Is this a lurking ratware writer?  Who on this list runs Exchange?

Why is this bouncing back to me, and not the envelope sender,
which was:

-Philip

Re: List weirdness

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I'm seeing the following (attached).
>
> I went back and looked at the message that seems to have
> provoked it, and there was nothing odd about the message:
> no attachments, nothing but text/plain 7-bit, in the body
> (though it's weird that it's a 7-bit body, but charset=iso-8859-1).
>
> Is this a lurking ratware writer?
Maybe, but doubtful. Obviously a lurker, but one who's using Symantec
products. No self respecting ratware writer would use such a poor-grade
email security product.

That said, it is almost certainly
> Who on this list runs Exchange?

Way too many.
> Why is this bouncing back to me, and not the envelope sender,
> which was:

Because Symantec's mail scanning appliance and server integration
products are even more of a pile of *@#$! than their desktop AV products.

Apparently dweezil.us has a reputation for bombarding people with
similar garbage:

http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=spamtools&a=2006-06&m=2137279

Sounds like a job for SpamCop. :)