Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Cauhape <jp...@detr.nv.gov> on 2019/05/22 20:11:44 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Need some advice - thread safe php module

I should mention this is running on RHEL 7.6, x86_64.

Jeffrey Cauhape - IT Professional III - Linux and Solaris Administrator
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
(775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@detr.nv.gov<ma...@detr.nv.gov>

Posted by Daniel Ferradal <df...@apache.org>.
Keep in mind there is still the option to use an alternative to php module,
which is:

mod_proxy_fcgi --- rev proxying requests to -> php-fpm

That separates php from the httpd server so you can use the best MPM
(event) and php will run in its own daemon.

El jue., 23 may. 2019 a las 23:33, Jeff Cauhape (<jp...@detr.nv.gov>)
escribió:

> Clearly I misread the error message. I thought it was _*from*_ libargon2….
>
> Now that I got the libargon2 and associated files from epel, it passes
> muster.
>

> Thanks again.
>

> *Jeffrey Cauhape – IT Professional III – Linux and Solaris Administrator*
>
> Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
>
> (775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@detr.nv.gov

Daniel Ferradal
HTTPD Project
#httpd help at Freenode

RE: [users@httpd] RE: Need some advice - thread safe php module

[...]

httpd: Syntax error on line 173 of /apps/apache_2.4.37/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load modules/old/libphp7-zts.so into server: libargon2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by Jeff Cauhape <jp...@detr.nv.gov>.
Thank you!

Posted by Rainer Canavan <ra...@sevenval.com>.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by Ruben Safir <mr...@panix.com>.
On 5/22/19 4:11 PM, Jeff Cauhape wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting some older web pages from Apache 2.4.6 to Apache 2.4.37 on Linux
> and apparently need to find a thread-safe version of libphp5.so to use, since we're
> running MPM.
>

>   *   Does anyone know where I can download the apache thread safe php module?
>   *   If not, can someone give me a clue about the configuration options I should use
> to build a new version of PHP which contains the php module for Apache?
>
> I have been unable to find a download for the php module, and building PHP is not
> producing a php module either.
>
> Thanks,

thread safety is not a magic trick.  It requires that code be written
correctly and that Mutex is used appropriately.  To a degree you are
protected by the Linux kernel because processes and threads are actually
all the same in linux.  But the locking language remains constant.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com