Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joeri Belis <jo...@nollekens.be> on 2005/08/30 10:13:54 UTC

2 bayes_toks database in use?

I upgraded to spamassassin 3.0.4 and did some upgrade stuff.

on of the thinks i did was sa-learn -D --sync. Now i discovered that it upgraded files in ~/.spamassassin.

yet i have them also in /var/vpopmail/.spamassassin and they are certainly being used because i see that dates of
the files change.

So i am puzzled. I have 2 datebases. 1 that got update by my sa-learn command and 1 that seems to
be used by my qmail - spamassassin combination.

Or is this a user issue. My qmail has its own user, the vpopmail user.

is the database user independent?

Re: 2 bayes_toks database in use?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 04:13 AM 8/30/2005, Joeri Belis wrote:
>I upgraded to spamassassin 3.0.4 and did some upgrade stuff.
>
>on of the thinks i did was sa-learn -D --sync. Now i discovered that it
>upgraded files in ~/.spamassassin.
>
>yet i have them also in /var/vpopmail/.spamassassin and they are certainly
>being used because i see that dates of
>the files change.
>
>So i am puzzled. I have 2 datebases. 1 that got update by my sa-learn
>command and 1 that seems to
>be used by my qmail - spamassassin combination.
>
>Or is this a user issue. My qmail has its own user, the vpopmail user.
>
>is the database user independent?

By default. No. It's based on the home directory of the user invoking SA.
Thus when qmail calls SA, it does so as the vpopmail user, and it uses
vpopmail's home directory.

Any training done as any other user will go to a different database and
will be ignored when mail comes in.