Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sal Campana <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/06 22:37:09 UTC

Java2Wsdl arrays and Doc-Lit Axis1.1rc2

I've been searching the lists and Bugzilla about this
and wanted to understand where Axis is at with dealing
with arrays.

I have a public String[] defined in my class and
getter and setter methods are wrapping it.

The wsdl generated for this is:

(snippet)

 <element name="getArray">
  <complexType />
 </element>

<element name="getArrayResponse">
 <complexType>
   <sequence>
    <element name="getArrayReturn" type="tns1:Array"
/>
   </sequence>
 </complexType>
</element>

I am seeing 2 issues:

1. There is an issue in that the namespace prefix
"tns1" never makes it into the namespace declaration.
I believe this may be due to the
Types.insertTypesFragment method.  I think the
importNode is thought to supposedly import all the
namespaces from the new node, and that doesn't
happen....Or else it just never adds this new
namespace to the document....I haven't had time to
fully trace it.

2.  Isn't the generated wsdl fragment wrong when
defining for doc-lit??

shouldn't it be something like this?

<element name="getArray">
  <complexType />
</element>

<element name="getArrayResponse">
 <complexType>
 <sequence>
  <element name="getArrayReturn" ref="ArrayList" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
</element>

<element name="ArrayList" type="ArrayListDefiniton"/>

<complexType name="ArrayListDefinition">
<sequence>
<element name="Array" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />
</sequence>
</complexType>

Am I just doing something wrong or are these current
issues which need to be fixed??

Thanks!!

http://search.yahoo.com