Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christopher Cheng <my...@chrishome.com> on 2005/12/27 16:00:07 UTC

logging using log4j

I was trying to log the envelope/payloads of all soap messages to a file
using log4j, but it seems that it doesn't work. Can anybody point out what's
wrong with my configuration?

The following is my entry in commons-logging.properties

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

The following is my log4j.properties:

# Set root category priority to INFO and its only appender to CONSOLE.

# log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

log4j.rootCategory=INFO, LOGFILE

# Set the enterprise logger category to FATAL and its only appender to
CONSOLE.

log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL, CONSOLE, LOGFILE

#log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL, LOGFILE

# CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a PatternLayout.

log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=DEBUG

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=- %m%n

# LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a PatternLayout.

log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=c:/axis.log

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=DEBUG

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

Re: logging using log4j

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Christopher Cheng <mylist <at> chrishome.com> writes:

> I was trying to log the envelope/payloads of all soap messages
> to a file using log4j, but it seems that it doesn’t work. Can anybody
> point out what’s wrong with my configuration?

If you need it on the client side, set the log level to debug
(but it will log a lot other info).

If you just want the soap mesages, use the
org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler.

--
Author of a book for learning Apache Axis (http://www.agileskills2.org/DWSAA)