Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by "Ferruzzi, Dennis" <fe...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/27 22:50:08 UTC

AIP-49 OpenTelemetry Support - Take Three

Third time’s the charm?

Hi folks, looks like AIP-49 [1] hasn’t been touched in a while and I am interested in getting it implemented. If nobody has any objections, I’m going to start coming up with a plan to get this one done in the next little while.  The last PoC for it was almost a year ago - and we all know how much has changed since then - so I'm starting with getting that PoC up and running locally and I'll go from there.

If nobody objects, I'll be getting that PoC working and then maybe set up a planning board?  Once I have the PoC running I'll likely have a few tweaks to the AIP.  Is that possible given that it has already been voted on?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-49+OpenTelemetry+Support+for+Apache+Airflow

Re: AIP-49 OpenTelemetry Support - Take Three

Posted by Howard Yoo <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody. Howard Yoo here.

I authored the AIP-49, and just to give you all some updates, I haven't
been successful in making much progress on this proposal, due to the fact
that my original intention was to publish AIP-49 after my POC on open
telemetry, and wanted to hand it over to whomever was interested in
implementing it. I've been trying to seek some engineering support in my
team to perhaps take it over, but the engineering has been pretty occupied
with other things, and kept pushed back.

Therefore, I wouldn't object to Dennis in terms of getting the work started!
Also, any participation is awesome, so Igor, if. you wanted to take some
work, that would be great!
Please let me know if there's anything that I can be helpful - I believe
having open telemetry to start emitting metrics, logs, and even distributed
traces in Airflow is AWESOME.

Howard

Posted by Igor Kholopov <ik...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Elad Kalif <el...@apache.org>.