Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Henry, Cedric" <Ce...@nuance.com> on 2014/03/12 15:30:00 UTC

Class loader related issue...

Hello,

I have a system using Felix and one of the bundles contains an SMTP client based on the JavaMail library.

That system is installed on different machines, and for some of them I have a situation as the one mentioned in http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javamail/faq-135477.html#castmultipart.

In my opinion, there is an issue related to the class loader as it could be related to the fact the system package got updated on these machines.
I have been reading from https://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-bundle-cache.html and http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-framework/apache-felix-framework-configuration-properties.html.

I am currently wondering if there could be a solution for that matter through configuring framework properties, or others.
Nonetheless, I am not sure about if it is the case and which properties should be used.

Best Regards,
Cedric HENRY
Technical Lead, Mobile Speech and V2T Engineering
Spinvox Limited, a Nuance group company
Wethered House
Pound Lane
Buckinghamshire, SL7 2AF
NUANCE.COM<https://mail.nuance.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=967cf1f523c44197bb544a0ed5ef4801&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nuance.com%2f>

The experience speaks for itself ™

Re: Class loader related issue...

Posted by "Henry, Cedric" <Ce...@nuance.com>.
HELLO,

I was referring to the following properties mostly:
 - org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent
 - org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
 - org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

Or any other properties that could help avoid have class loading issue in regard to handling multipart content with the JavaMail library.

On Mar 12, 2014, at 6:26 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>> wrote:

On 3/12/14, 10:30 , Henry, Cedric wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure to which properties you are referring, but just try different values and see what happens.

-> richard

NUANCE.COM<http://NUANCE.COM><https://mail.nuance.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=967cf1f523c44197bb544a0ed5ef4801&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nuance.com%2f>

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.