Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2022/11/28 14:33:48 UTC

[ANN] Apache Struts 6.1.1

The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Apache Struts
6.1.1 is available as a “General Availability” release. The GA
designation is our highest quality grade.
https://struts.apache.org/announce-2022#a20220915

Below is a full list of all changes.

Bug
WW-5185 - TilesDefinition is not found and the request for a Struts
action fails after an upgrade from Struts 2.5.30 to Struts 6.0.
WW-5189 - Add missing struts-6.0.dtd
WW-5190 - StackOverflowError when dispatching to JSP
WW-5191 - template/simple/textarea.ftl not rendering parameters correctly
WW-5192 - radiomap.ftl not setting enum key values
WW-5194 - UIBean.evaluateParams() throws an IllegalStateException when
getting the nonce out of a session that has been invalidated.
WW-5195 - Dispatcher: Infinite loop with dispatcher FORWARD
WW-5197 - java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException in the date component
WW-5198 - textarea’s maxlength attribute displays in tag’s body
WW-5203 - lazyPolicyBuilder in DefaultCspSettings is not lazy
WW-5205 - REST plugin cannot start due to injection error
WW-5207 - Convention Plugin - support for ASM 9
WW-5215 - CspInterceptor assumes Session was already created
WW-5216 - Freemarker Checkbox error after migrating from Struts 2.5.29 to 2.5.30

New Feature
WW-5187 - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/struts2/views/velocity/VelocityManager Improvement
WW-5173 - Implement additional OGNL cache configuration controls
WW-5188 - Use 6.0 marker instead of 2.6
WW-5218 - Allow to disable CSP related interceptors

Dependency
WW-5193 - Use proper hibernate-validator groupId and upgrade to
version 6.1.3.Final
WW-5201 - Bump Log4j2 to 2.18.0
WW-5202 - Update jasperreports to 6.19.1 and exclude optional itext
from jasperreports
WW-5204 - Upgrade to OGNL 3.3.3
WW-5208 - Update hibernate-validator to 6.2.4
WW-5212 - Upgrade Spring to version 5.3.22

Version Notes
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+6.1.1

**All developers are strongly advised to perform this upgrade.**

The 6.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum
requirement of the following specification versions:
Servlet API 3.1, JSP API 2.1, and Java 8.

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Apache
Struts framework, please post your comments to the user list, and, if
appropriate, file a tracking ticket.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/WW/

You can download this version from our download page
https://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts-ga

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 6.1.1

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Please ignore this announcement, it contains a wrong set of addressed
issues. I will prepare a new one with a proper set of addressed
tickets.

Sorry for inconvenience
--
Łukasz

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 6.1.1

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 6.1.1

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
pon., 28 lis 2022 o 15:47 Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Great work Lukasz.  Quick question.... I did not see WW-3691 in the
> list. I assume this made it in the release though, correct?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3691
>
> https://struts.apache.org/announce-2022#a20220915

Thanks for pointing this out, I copied the list for the cached version
of the page which was related to Struts 6.0.3, I will repost the
announcement.

Regards

Re: [ANN] Apache Struts 6.1.1

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
Great work Lukasz.  Quick question.... I did not see WW-3691 in the
list. I assume this made it in the release though, correct?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3691

https://struts.apache.org/announce-2022#a20220915

Thanks,
Burton