Posted to user@spark.apache.org by twinkle sachdeva <tw...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 16:37:31 UTC

Regarding java version requirement in spark 1.2.0 or upcoming releases

Hi,

Can somebody please share the plans regarding java version's support for
apache spark 1.2.0 or near future releases.

Will java 8 become the all feature supported version in apache spark 1.2 or
java 1.7 will suffice?

Thanks,

Re: Regarding java version requirement in spark 1.2.0 or upcoming releases

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
I have not heard any plans to even drop support for Java 6. I imagine
it will remain that way for a while. Java 6 is sufficient.