Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dima Arbuzin <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/15 17:33:49 UTC

Re: more complex patterns for CEP (was: CEP two transitions to the same state)

Hey there,

I was investigating CEP functionality and realized that I'm missing some,
which are discussed here, especially: accessing fields from previous
events.

Any progress regarding this question?

I'm working with streaming car location data trying to analyze different
traffic patterns.
Consider the following use-case:
1) detect a traffic jam (cluster) at one spot (event) and then
2) detect another traffic jam (another cluster) later (another event). The
question would be: did they move in space?

So is there is a way to compare these two clusters using CEP? I guess
customizing equals() function would help to some extend, but then what if I
want to compare some extra fields like location?

How hard is it to overload Filter Function storing previously triggered
Event information?

P.S.  Performance is not that critical in this case.

--
Best regards,
Dima Arbuzin