Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Hack Hawk <hh...@hackhawk.net> on 2005/12/07 19:11:43 UTC

Test for multiple lines in the Subject header?

Hello,

I've searched google, and the email list archives, but can not find an
answer to these simple questions.

1) Is there a simple rule to determine if there are multiple lines
(<CR><LF>) in the Subject Header?  I'd like to assign a score to this
rule if it exists.  If not, I'd like to create this new rule, but have
no idea who to begin, except to search the entire "FULL" text of the
message (eww!).

2) When creating a new "HEADER" rule using Subject =~, does it
automatically take into account subjects with multiple lines?  My
impressions is that it does not.  Any advice on how can I make this
possible?

Thanks in advance for your assistance/advice
Rich

Re: Test for multiple lines in the Subject header?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
FYI: since this mail isn't about the development of SA, you should send it to
users@ instead.

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 10:11:43AM -0800, Hack Hawk wrote:
> 1) Is there a simple rule to determine if there are multiple lines
> (<CR><LF>) in the Subject Header?

Not that I know of.

> 2) When creating a new "HEADER" rule using Subject =~, does it
> automatically take into account subjects with multiple lines?

Absolutely.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in