Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Davids Patrick <P....@healthag.de> on 2016/05/24 14:17:17 UTC

Disabled Form Textfield and Ajax Updates / Bug or Feature?

Hi all,
I've a question about form submits and disabled textfields.

As far as I know, disabled textfields are not part of the form processing.

What about the following case...

Textfield1 (enabled) has an AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior and writes the model object of Textfield2 (disabled).
This is working... but I'm asking myself, if this is an valid behavior.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Kind regards
Patrick

Re: Disabled Form Textfield and Ajax Updates / Bug or Feature?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The checks for this are in the form submit processing code, not in
#setModelObject() method.
Wicket won't stop you to cut the branch you sit on.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov