Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien Carsique <jc...@nuxeo.com> on 2013/11/05 17:17:58 UTC

Re: import plugin configurations

Hi,

+1 about the obvious need to also import the plugins configuration, as well
as the dependencies configuration.

I'm interested by your solution.
Is it open source, still in use, maintained, Maven 2 and/or 3 compliant?

Given the answers you got, here are some additional arguments about the
difference between a corporate POM and a third-party BOM, both being needed
in some cases.
>From a customer project point of view, since there can be only one parent
POM, such an import solution is required for reusing the provider project's
configuration (ie the third-party BOM: dependencyManagement,
pluginManagement, properties; including profiles; maybe also the
repositories and pluginRepositories, and optionally the dependencies,
plugins and reporting) but in the mean time also using custom corporate
configuration (ie the corporate POM: organization, licenses,
distributionManagement, ...).
The following figure is missing the multi-enterprise aspect with
parent/import relationships from outside the company:
http://books.sonatype.com/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-pom-best-practice.html#fig-multi-module

Regards,

Marcos Mendez wrote