Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Germán Castro <ge...@nuwit.com> on 2009/05/15 23:15:24 UTC

Multiple set of templates

Hi,

I'm new in struts and i'm searching if I can do something that i need using
struts 2.

The situation is that I have 2 or more "packages" of templates, in example:
1 template sized to 320x200 and other in 1280x756. All in the same
application, the only diference is that diferent clients can see the same
page in a diferent dispositions.

Then, how can I set dynamically the template directory? or an equivalent way
where I don't have to program the N templates in the actions. The idea is
that the multiple templates to be as transparent as posible for the
controller and data layers.

Also I would prefer have independant templates for each size instead of use
conditional displays in the same template.

Thanks in advance.

Germán

Re: Multiple set of templates

Posted by Germán Castro <ge...@nuwit.com>.
Hi,

I found this

<s:set name="templateSuffix" value="'ftk'" />

or

<s:set name="templateDir" value="'template'" scope="page" />

Is it  posible do the same but with java code in a filter or controller?

Thanks
Germán