Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Janz, Alexander" <Al...@lorenz-orga.de> on 2003/03/13 10:33:36 UTC

Performance Http Up & Download

Hello,

we use Tomcat 4.1 on an NT 4 Server. We have a special servlet for up and
downloading files over http, but the performance is really bad. uploading a
file of 2 mb takes about 1 minute, downloading it takes 15 seconds, even if
the client application and tomcat are on the same machine. normal file copy
takes 3 seconds on this machine. has anyone an idea where the time in this
process gets lost? the code for this servlet is straight forward simple
stream in and output, so i don't think that this is the problem. i've seen
hints to use the coyote http connectors instead of the "normal" http
connectors. would this help?  there are special options like buffersize and
tcpdelay. has anyone experiences with using this parameters?

thanks for help

greetings
alexander