Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2021/05/17 20:49:55 UTC

Lookup, MIMEResolver and unit tests?

Hi all,

How does one initialize the FileObject machinery properly in a unit test?

When I try to convert a plain java.io.File's to FileObject, this is what
happens:

a) If I do this on a static initializer things work properly:

static {
	File file = ...
	FileObject fileObject = FileUtil.toFileObject(file);
}

b) If I don't, i.e., if I do the FileUtil.toFileObject(file) conversion
inside a @Test then I think there're some threading issues somehow, and
I get a problem when FileUtil.toFileObject invokes
MetaInfServices.lookup which in turn invokes
sun.net.www.MimeEntry.setImageFileName which fails.

I've already added MimeLookup API to the test dependencies (and the
Master Filesystem in my desperation), shall I add any implementation for
these as well? Shall I run a lock or initialize a FileSystem or
something before invoking FileUtil.toFileObject? Any examples I can take
a look at?

Thanks in advance,
Antonio

P.S.: This happens both with NbUnitTestCase and with plain JUNit 4 tests
cases.

Re: Lookup, MIMEResolver and unit tests?

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
These ones helped:

https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/TestingThingsThatUseFileObjectDataObjectDataFolder.asciidoc

https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqTestDataObject.asciidoc