Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Dr.Colossos" <dr...@web.de> on 2009/03/04 20:02:25 UTC

problem with ActiveMQ CPP in combination with ServiceMix's JMS

Hi,

I am having a problem with the ActiveMQ CPP in combination with ServiceMix's
JMS.

I got ActiveMQ-CPP 2.2.4 Release running and working correct (verified by
the  http://activemq.apache.org/cms/example.html example ) when using the
ActiveMQ "standalone" service.

However, when using apache-servicemix-3.2.1 (activated JMS by dropping in
servicemix-jms-3.2.1-installer.zip into service mix's hotdeploy folder), I
cant run the example ... meaning, the example won't do what it is supposed
to do ... see the output at bottom of mail.

It looks like some kind of (30 second) timeout (15 seconds each for producer
and cosumer) is reached when trying to get a connection.

I also have tried a Java example that is working.

So to sum up:
Java example works with standalone JMS and Service Mix's JMS
C++ example works with standalone JMS BUT NOT with Service Mix's JMS

Hard to tell if that is a service mix problem or a ActiveMQ CPP problem ...
or a problem on my part ...

I am running Debain Linux here btw.

Thanks for any help!

Following the output of the C++ example ...

Starting the example:
No valid response received for command: Begin Class = ConnectionInfo
 Value of ConnectionInfo::ID_CONNECTIONINFO = 3
 Value of ConnectionId is Below:
Begin Class = ConnectionId
 Value of ConnectionId::ID_CONNECTIONID = 120
 Value of Value = 454d670f-2a69-66c9-010f-3aafa2fc02a2
No Data for Class BaseDataStructure
End Class = ConnectionId

 Value of ClientId = be4bfb60-5d43-242a-7a3b-78dfb5ee1d89
 Value of Password =
 Value of UserName =
 Value of BrokerMasterConnector = 0
 Value of Manageable = 0
 Value of ClientMaster = 0
Begin Class = BaseCommand
No Data for Class BaseDataStructure
  Response Required = 1
  Command Id = 1
End Class = BaseCommand
End Class = ConnectionInfo
, check broker.
	FILE: activemq/transport/filters/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 112
	FILE: activemq/transport/filters/ResponseCorrelator.cpp, LINE: 120
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireFormatNegotiator.cpp, LINE: 107
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireConnector.cpp, LINE: 1533
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireConnector.cpp, LINE: 249
	FILE: activemq/connector/openwire/OpenWireConnector.cpp, LINE: 186
	FILE: activemq/core/ActiveMQConnectionFactory.cpp, LINE: 173
No valid response received for command: Begin Class = ConnectionInfo
 Value of ConnectionInfo::ID_CONNECTIONINFO = 3
 Value of ConnectionId is Below:
Begin Class = ConnectionId
 Value of ConnectionId::ID_CONNECTIONID = 120
 Value of Value = d247a97e-f11e-ef80-003d-3cd337f82fad
No Data for Class BaseDataStructure
End Class = ConnectionId

 Value of ClientId = 884a23e6-c74f-1aed-0a7d-941e622ba78d
[...]
Time to completion = 30.228 seconds.

Re: problem with ActiveMQ CPP in combination with ServiceMix's JMS

Posted by "Dr.Colossos" <dr...@web.de>.

Hi,

the problem is closed - using service mix 3.3. locally solved the problem on
my machine - so I guess we either have to switch to service mix 3.3 or use
an older C++ AMQ API to avoid this what seems to be incompatible version
problem.

Thanks all
CLOSED

Re: problem with ActiveMQ CPP in combination with ServiceMix's JMS

Posted by "Dr.Colossos" <dr...@web.de>.

Timothy Bish wrote:

>> [...]
>
>> So to sum up:
>> Java example works with standalone JMS and Service Mix's JMS
>> C++ example works with standalone JMS BUT NOT with Service Mix's JMS
>>
>> Hard to tell if that is a service mix problem or a ActiveMQ CPP problem
>> or a problem on my part ...
>>
>> I am running Debain Linux here btw.
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> Following the output of the C++ example ...

>> Starting the example:
>> No valid response received for command: Begin Class = ConnectionInfo
>
>> [...]
>
> This error indicates that the client never got a response to the
> ConnectionInfo that's sent once a socket is established and the
> Wireformat protocol is negotiated.  So for whatever reason the client
> connected to the AMQ socket but didn't get any response.  I'm not sure
> why that would happen when you are using the service version and not
> otherwise.
>
> I don't think its a client issue since it works when you aren't using
> the servicemix JMS setup.
>
> Regards
> Tim.
>
> --
> Tim Bish
> http://fusesource.com
> http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your reply Tim,

could it be that a version problem is the origin of that? I am totally new
to the service mix thing and the ActiveMQ, so I just ask, hopnig I dont make
a total fool out of myself (ActiveMQ-CPP 2.2.4, and kinda stuck with
servicemix 3.2.1 as I am depending on that (non-latest) version).

Do you have any idea on how to track down the source of the problem ... I
get a connection and all works well with Java, and C++ works when running
activemq only, but less luck with C++ and "service mix AMQ" ... I dont get
it ...

If anything, anything pops up in your mind, I am happy to hear it and try it
out ...

Thanks a lot
Cheers

Re: problem with ActiveMQ CPP in combination with ServiceMix's JMS

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.