Posted to user@spark.apache.org by SRK <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/02 21:14:40 UTC

How to tune groupBy operations in Spark 2.x?

Hi,

How to tune the Spark Jobs that use groupBy operations? Earlier I used to
use  --conf spark.shuffle.memoryFraction=0.8 --conf
spark.storage.memoryFraction=0.1  to tune my jobs that use groupBy. But,
with Spark 2.x this configs seem to have been deprecated.

What would be the appropriate config options to tune the Spark Jobs that use
groupBy operations?

Thanks,
Swetha