Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Dorman <ad...@ironicdesign.com> on 2010/01/30 04:27:53 UTC

Anyone Notice Spam Drop 11 Hours Ago?

Today (Friday) around 1600 GMT, Jan 29, we experienced a large drop (almost 50%)
in spam connections.  And since then we have seen anywhere from 25% to 40% less
spam volume than is normal.

Anyone else see something similar?  From what we have seen, this is almost as
big as Nov 2008 when McColo went offline.

--
Andy Dorman
Ironic Design, Inc.

Re: Anyone Notice Spam Drop 11 Hours Ago?

Posted by Jean-Yves Avenard <jy...@gmail.com>.
2010/1/30 Andy Dorman <ad...@ironicdesign.com>:
> Today (Friday) around 1600 GMT, Jan 29, we experienced a large drop (almost
> 50%) in spam connections.  And since then we have seen anywhere from 25% to
> 40% less spam volume than is normal.
>
> Anyone else see something similar?  From what we have seen, this is almost
> as big as Nov 2008 when McColo went offline.

Nothing much out of the ordinary...

Those are my stats..
https://intranet.hydrix.com/spamstats/

Re: Anyone Notice Spam Drop 11 Hours Ago?

Posted by te...@cnysupport.com.
Quoting Andy Dorman <ad...@ironicdesign.com>:

> Today (Friday) around 1600 GMT, Jan 29, we experienced a large drop
> (almost 50%) in spam connections.  And since then we have seen anywhere
> from 25% to 40% less spam volume than is normal.
>
> Anyone else see something similar?  From what we have seen, this is
> almost as big as Nov 2008 when McColo went offline.

We're down slightly, but nothing that couldn't be attributed to normal
fluctuations.

Is your non-spam traffic normal?

Terry

Re: Anyone Notice Spam Drop 11 Hours Ago?

Posted by Robert Schetterer <ro...@schetterer.org>.
Am 30.01.2010 04:27, schrieb Andy Dorman:
> Today (Friday) around 1600 GMT, Jan 29, we experienced a large drop
> (almost 50%) in spam connections.  And since then we have seen anywhere
> from 25% to 40% less spam volume than is normal.
>
> Anyone else see something similar?  From what we have seen, this is
> almost as big as Nov 2008 when McColo went offline.

No reduce here ,everyone has its own spam, so youre in luck

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

Posted by Jason Haar <Ja...@trimble.co.nz>.
On 01/30/2010 04:27 PM, Andy Dorman wrote:
> Today (Friday) around 1600 GMT, Jan 29, we experienced a large drop
> (almost 50%) in spam connections.  And since then we have seen
> anywhere from 25% to 40% less spam volume than is normal.
>
> Anyone else see something similar?  From what we have seen, this is
> almost as big as Nov 2008 when McColo went offline.

Well at 5am NZDT (yup - 1600 UTC) we saw the same thing - although this
is on our US-based mail servers (our NZ servers did not see this).
Something has happened...

spam/day

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417