Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pa...@free.fr on 2008/06/16 15:19:49 UTC

Wrong line number in inline overflow messages ?

Hello,
I'm testing inline overflow messages with FOP-trunk (668084).
But I don't understand value of line number.

With the following FO, I get those messages:
[WARN]  Line 5 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more than 50 points. (See position 16:15)
[WARN]  Line 5 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more than 50 points. (See position 19:15)
[WARN]  Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more than 50 points. (See position 22:15)
[WARN]  Line 9 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more than 50 points. (See position 25:15)

But in the PDF rendering I don't find the same line number:
fo:block (position 16:15) : overflow in line 1 of the block ?
fo:block (position 19:15) : overflow in line 2 of the block ?
fo:block (position 22:15) : overflow in line 5 of the block ?
fo:block (position 25:15) : overflow in line 14 of the block ?

Do you have some explanations?

Thanks
Patrice

	<fo:layout-master-set>

		<fo:simple-page-master master-name="SPM" page-height="300mm" page-width="148mm" margin="7mm 4mm 7mm 4mm">
			<fo:region-body margin="22mm 0 12mm 0" background-color="yellow"/>
		</fo:simple-page-master>
	</fo:layout-master-set>

	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="SPM" >
		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
			<fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>=== inline ===</fo:block>
				<fo:block><fo:inline keep-together="always" font-style="italic">keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together</fo:inline> Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Text Text Text Text <fo:inline keep-together="always" font-style="italic">keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together</fo:inline> Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text <fo:inline keep-together="always" font-style="italic">keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together</fo:inline></fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text TextText Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text <fo:inline keep-together="always" font-style="italic">keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together</fo:inline> Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
				<fo:block>Block</fo:block>
			</fo:block>
		</fo:flow>
	</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

Re: Wrong line number in inline overflow messages ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
"Line 5 of a paragraph" means line 5 inside one of the effective
paragraphs coming out of the layout process (i.e. in the PDF). The
position in your source document (to find the problematic paragraph) is
found at the end of the message: "See position 19:15" (format:
<line>:<column>, i.e. line 19, column 15 in your FO file).

Tip: Always use keep-together.within-line="always" or
keep-together.within-column="always" instead of keep-together="always"
to avoid unwanted side-effects.

Please send future questions to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org. Thank
you!

On 16.06.2008 15:19:49 patrice.rosnet wrote:

> [...]
> 				<fo:block>Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text TextText Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text <fo:inline keep-together="always" font-style="italic">keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together</fo:inline> Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text</fo:block>

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Wrong line number in inline overflow messages ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
> [...]

> 				<fo:block>Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text TextText Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text <fo:inline keep-together="always" font-style="italic">keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together keep-together</fo:inline> Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text</fo:block>

Jeremias Maerki