Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Andreas Gillmann <an...@gls-itservices.com> on 2022/01/26 13:09:56 UTC

Connector is still in 'RUNNING' status even though the heartbeat failed

Hello,

I have noticed a problem which I have also discussed with RedHat (https://issues.redhat.com/browse/DBZ-4521):
Prerequisites:

  *   Debezium connector with heartbeat configuration ( "heartbeat.topics.prefix" is set)
  *   Heartbeat topic on Kafka side does NOT exists
  *   Parameter auto.create.topics is disabled (=false)
Execution:

  *   Connector was created
  *   Connector starts the heartbeat
  *   Connector logs the following entry: [WARN] 2022-01-06 13:25:30,094 [kafka-producer-network-thread | connector-producer-itgermany.pmops.dispoapp.gateway.DE-350.debeziumconnector-0] org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient handleSuccessfulResponse - [Producer clientId=connector-producer-itgermany.pmops.dispoapp.gateway.DE-350.debeziumconnector-0] Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 38409 : {itgermany.pmops.dispoapp.gateway.heartbeat.GatewayDepot35=UNKNOWN_TOPIC_OR_PARTITION}
  *   Connector status remains 'RUNNING'
  *   NO Data comes to Kafka via the Connector
Troubleshooting:

  *   Re-creating the connector caused data to be sent to Kafka for a short time (until the heartbeat was repeated).

People from RedHat told me that they are just passing the topic name and the message to Kafka and they do not receive a correct response

Kind Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Gillmann
Product Management Operations
IT GLS Germany/International

GLS IT Services GmbH
GLS Germany-Straße 1-7
36286 Neuenstein
Germany

LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/gls-germany>[cid:image013.png@01D812BE.62B70F40]
[cid:image014.png@01D812BE.62B70F40] Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/GLS_Germany>
[cid:image015.png@01D812BE.62B70F40]Facebook<http://facebook.com/GLSGermany>
[cid:image016.png@01D812BE.62B70F40]Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/glsgermany/>

[cid:image017.jpg@01D812BE.62B70F40]

+49 (0) 66 77 17 437

+49 (0) 172 1781 437

andreas.gillmann@gls-itservices.com

www.gls-group.com<http://www.gls-group.com/>

[cid:image018.jpg@01D812BE.62B70F40]

________________________________
GLS IT Services GmbH
Sitz: Neuenstein, Amtsgericht Bad Hersfeld HRB 388, Geschäftsführer: Thorsten Pruin
________________________________

Re: Connector is still in 'RUNNING' status even though the heartbeat failed

Posted by "Tauzell, Dave" <Da...@surescripts.com>.
PR means “Pull Request”.  It is a way to have others review your code changes and, when ready, they can merge them in.

https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/proposing-changes-to-your-work-with-pull-requests/about-pull-requests

From: Andreas Gillmann <an...@gls-itservices.com>
Date: Monday, January 31, 2022 at 4:34 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org <us...@kafka.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] AW: Connector is still in 'RUNNING' status even though the heartbeat failed
Hello Luke,

yes I will do so, but please tell me, what is a PR?

Regards,
Andreas

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
I mean " pull request".
Ref:
https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/proposing-changes-to-your-work-with-pull-requests/about-pull-requests

Thanks.
Luke

Andreas Gillmann <an...@gls-itservices.com> 於 2022年1月31日 週一
下午6:34 寫道:

AW: Connector is still in 'RUNNING' status even though the heartbeat failed

Posted by Andreas Gillmann <an...@gls-itservices.com>.
Hello Luke,

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,