Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/10/12 03:34:55 UTC

Re: bayes_toks.expire

Posted by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net>.
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 08:34 pm, Justin Mason wrote:
> Chris writes:
> > I've got two files that have appeared in my $.Spamassassin folder, one
> > is bayes_toks.expire14973 and the other has .expire15267.  Both are
> > dated yesterday, 10 Oct at 8:00pm and 8:01pm. Are these supposed to be
> > there? I've not noticed them before.  SA 3.1 is running.
>
> running amavisd, MailScanner, or one of those other apps that wraps
> around SpamAssassin?   if so, you need to run expires externally
> from that, in a cron job, and stop that app from expiring your
> bayes dbs.   Otherwise the attempts will time out and leave those
> files lying around.

Not running any of those. In my local.cf I have bayes_auto_expire 1 which is
working quite well AFAICT.  I think what happened is that last night while
running my script to learn and report spam I had to stop it for some
reason, twice I guess which probably accounts for the two files.  I've
moved them to another folder for the time being and will check to see if
anything is borked later this evening.  All appears well, I ran a
--force-expire and my last expiry atime  1129081535 0  non-token data: last
expiry atime equates to Tue Oct 11 20:45:35 2005, which is when I ran it.
I'll keep an eye on it though.

Thanks

--
Chris