Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com> on 2007/08/10 23:43:42 UTC

OMElement Vs java.lang.Object for (xsd:anyType) - Axis 1.3 Vs Axis 2 code generation

Hi,

In my webservices, I have a method which has a parameter defined as
type="xsd:anyType" in the WSDL.

In Axis 1.3, when I did WSDL2Java for my WSDL that parameter got
converted to java.lang.Object.

But in Axis2 1.2, when I did WSDL2Java for the same WSDL, that parameter
got converted to org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement.

My question is, if I need to pass a Java Object to my webservice method,
how do I convert it to OMElement and pass it to the method from the
client code & how do I convert OMElement back to java.lang.Object in my
server code?

Thanks

Raghu

Re: OMElement Vs java.lang.Object for (xsd:anyType) - Axis 1.3 Vs Axis 2 code generation

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On 8/28/07, Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com> wrote:

>  Hi Amila,
>

> I tried this with the nightly build jars from *axis2-1.3-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip*(
> adb.jar & adb-codegen.jar) of Aug. 27 2007 09:33 and in this xsd:anyType
> is converted into OMElement, not java.lang.Object, but it worked with the
> nightly build jars from *axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip* (adb.jar &
> adb-codegen.jar) of Aug. 27 2007 07:44
>

> Which version of the jars should I use?

*axis2-1.3-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip *is refered to axis2 1.3 branch.
axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip is for the trunk. so you have to use the
axis2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip

Thanks

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

RE: OMElement Vs java.lang.Object for (xsd:anyType) - Axis 1.3 Vs Axis 2 code generation

Posted by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com>.
Hi Amila,

________________________________

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

RE: OMElement Vs java.lang.Object for (xsd:anyType) - Axis 1.3 Vs Axis 2 code generation

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

RE: OMElement Vs java.lang.Object for (xsd:anyType) - Axis 1.3 Vs Axis 2 code generation

Posted by Raghu Upadhyayula <ru...@responsys.com>.
Hi Amila,

I'm currently using Axis2 1.3 version, is this bug fixed in that or do I
need to get nightly build for the fix.

And what is the fix?  If I define a parameter type as xsd:anyType in my
WSDL, does WSDL2Java convert it as java.lang.Object in the generated
sources or does it convert to org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement?

Thanks

Raghu

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--