Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Perfect <Ch...@macquarie.com> on 2006/12/18 23:12:05 UTC

Problem when using morwe than one intance of an Autocompleter

Hello,
I am having an issue with 4.1.1 (latest snapshot): I have created a
component with various form elements that includes an Autocompleter: the
component is an address create/edit component and  the autompleter is
used for the Country field. I have a use case where I need to be able
have more than one address in the form and would like to re-use the
component however the component works perfectly fine if used in a form
once but if I have more than one instance of the component the
autocompleter only works in the first instance in the page: any attempt
to use the second or subsequent intances doesn't autocomplete and
produces the java script message "DEBUG: [SyntaxError: syntax error,
file: <host/context/app>?service=asset&path=%2Fdojo%2Fdojo.js, line:
15]". Has anyone else had this problem and know a solution?

Thanks
Chris

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

RE: Problem when using morwe than one intance of an Autocompleter

Posted by Chris Perfect <Ch...@macquarie.com>.
I have confirmed that the 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT fixes the issue.
Thanks!
Chris

Ouch . ...Ok I think you've run into a bug I had in the javascript
template for this component. (I wasn't properly using the <let> key to
make my javascript variable names unique)

It's fixed and deploying now, but you'll have to make sure you are using
the 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT version of Tapestry, not 4.1.1.

Sorry for the goof. I'll probably go back and re-check everything now to
be sure there aren't any other hidden goofs. (i don't think there will
be but...maybe)

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Problem when using morwe than one intance of an Autocompleter

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I did try this and couldn't reproduce any problems. So, not sure what
to say based on what you've said so far.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'll look into it..

p.s. You will have to change your snapshot version to pick up any bug
fixes made as 4.1.1 has already been released. The new version should
be 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT .