Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com> on 2003/04/03 21:11:15 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts; document root as seen from alocaluser account and from the internet

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 13:43, George Walsh wrote:

> No, the default (main) server is 192.168.1.10.
>
> The browser is either Galeon (I'm clearly a Gnome Man!) or Mozilla.
> Both respond the same way. On the external machine, Netscape7 is used.
> Invoking telnet to 192.168.1.11:80 responds immediately,
> identifying www.cruiseroutes.com
>
> After entering the GET and HOST commands, the correctindex page for the
> cruiseroutes site appears.

  Something is fishy.  The main server is at 192.168.1.10.
  www.cruiseroutes.com is at 192.168.1.11.  www.xprservices.com is
  at 192.168.1.12.

  You enter www.cruiseroutes.com in the browser and get the default
  page for 192.168.1.10?  Yet nslookup says the IP is 192.168.1.11.
  Have you tried emptying the cache on the browsers you are using?
  Did www.cruiseroutes.com ever have 192.168.1.10 as its IP address
  at some earlier point during testing, and did you use these browsers
  to access it at that address before?  If so, try emptying the cache,
  both memory- and disk-based.  Is there, by chance, an entry in the
  hosts file for www.cruiseroutes.com pointing the 192.168.1.10 on the
  remote machine?

--
Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>