Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2013/02/13 15:24:07 UTC

Pre-Tested Pull-Requests ... sounds interesting ...

Hi,

I just read the new Jetbrains Newsletter and stumbled over this article:
http://blogs.jetbrains.com/teamcity/2013/02/06/automatically-building-pull-requests-from-github-with-teamcity/?utm_source=JetBrains+Newsletter&utm_campaign=ead99a7842-2013_Feb&utm_medium=email

In general they describe how to use a TeamCity CI server to automatically build GIT pull requests for a project.
I think this could really be an option for us (Have we officially switched to GIT yet?).

I could immagine that the Jetbrains Guys could eventually provide us with an instance of TeamCity (could they?).
If the workflow for Flex and User-Patches is anything similar to the workflow I have to do for Flexmojos (Get a Pull Request notification, Checkout locally and apply Pull request, run the testsuite, if it passes, merge the code and push it back), I think having pre-tested Pull requests should be a very cool thing.

Chris