Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Todd Carmichael <to...@concur.com> on 2001/03/06 06:34:14 UTC

IBM JDK 1.3 unexpected crash

I have done some stress tests with Tomcat 3.2.1 and IBM VM 1.3 on a NT quad
box.  This configuration performs quite well.  However, after a certain
amount of time being stressed, the VM just crashes.  No informational,
nothing just exits.  I have tried turning on verbose at the vm level with no
luck.  Anyone had any experience with the IBM VM?

Re: IBM JDK 1.3 unexpected crash

Posted by David Crooke <da...@convio.com>.
Interesting - we are currently running Sun's 1.2.2 VM and evaluating IBM 1.3 -
performance is pretty good, and so far no issues with the VM (Linux though, not
Windows).

Are you using a single VM with native threads, or just green? Conventional
wisdom use to be that green threads was the way to go for most web servlet
stuff.

Any JNI plugins? Some JDBC drivers can be flaky.

What about memory?

Posted by Holger Hartwig <H....@bmsg.de>.
Hi

have a look at http://www.volano.com/report.html

some interesting benchmarks

Holger

Todd Carmichael wrote:

> I have done some stress tests with Tomcat 3.2.1 and IBM VM 1.3 on a NT quad
> box.  This configuration performs quite well.  However, after a certain
> amount of time being stressed, the VM just crashes.  No informational,
> nothing just exits.  I have tried turning on verbose at the vm level with no
> luck.  Anyone had any experience with the IBM VM?

Holger Hartwig
b+m Informatik AG
http://www.bmiag.de, mailto:H.Hartwig@bmiag.de