Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/15 19:08:48 UTC

Need to fix the 1.0.2 installation document

Eddie,

I was wondering what the process was to update a release build
document (not the site documents) out on the beehive web site.

Greg Mally caught an issue with the 1.0.2 installation document,
http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.2/installation.html

The document has the correct text in the link for the download,
release-1.0.2.cgi. However, the actual link that was generated from
the installation.xml for href="site:beehive-release/current" points to
release-1.0.cgi.

The installation.html document in the distribution has the same issue
but it's probably best to at least fix the document out on the Web
site.

I can take care of this if you'd like but just wanted to know the
process for doing something like this.

Thanks,
Carlin

Re: Need to fix the 1.0.2 installation document

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  Great!  Thanks for taking care of it.  I'll put together a HOWTO on
the wiki that covers some of these kinds of tasks.

Eddie

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Carlin--

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Eddie,

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Carlin--

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Eddie,

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eddie. I'll give it a go and let you know if I have any questions.

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Carlin--

#1) Commit an update to branches/v1.0.2/... that fixes the problem
#2) Rebuild the documentation kit (see Ant targets in branches/v1.0.2/build.xml)
#3) Update the live website hosted in