Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bill Ott <bi...@ibm.net> on 1999/05/17 03:29:12 UTC

mod_auth-any/4422: parsing apears to stop at the CGI file.

>Number:         4422
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       parsing apears to stop at the CGI file.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Net.data runs as a cgi-bin. (http://foo.com/db2www.cgi/trythid.d3w) where
trythis.d3w is passed to db2www.cgi. I sucessfully restrict access to the
cgi-bin directory & the program works just like Domino. Under Domino, I futher
restrict file access for files ending in .d2w. Under apache, it appears that
the file checking stops when it reaches the cgi and it transfers to there.
The result is I lose the second level file protection. This may be the "parsed
output" limitation and it works as designed. If so, I'll live without it.
>How-To-Repeat:
Set up a cgi-bin where you pass the cgi a file. Then try to restrict access to
the file.