Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2006/04/28 19:42:27 UTC

Simplify the welcome application

Can we simplify the welcome application for the server?  I find the
shear amount of text on the page overwhelming.  I'm hoping we can
push the fine detail of to secondary pages.

Also, what is the strategy for easily acquiring the samples?

-dain

Re: Simplify the welcome application

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
I swear I had tried that before. But it worked this time. Thanx Paul.

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

For the above JIRA, it involves changing the the links for the samples
on the welcome page to contain parameters for the sample's configId.

Eg: http://localhost:8080/serveSamples?sampleConfigId=geronimo/servlet-examples-jetty/1.1-SNAPSHOT/car

Now the configId is different for tomcat and jetty but the index.jsp
in the welcome app which carries the above link is the common.

How should we proceed with packaging a different index.jsp in the
welcome app of the different binaries ?

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Dave Colasurdo <da...@earthlink.net>.