Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Igal Shilman <ig...@apache.org> on 2021/12/20 16:52:37 UTC

[VOTE] Stateful functions 3.1.1 release

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 3.1.1 of
Apache Flink Stateful Functions, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

This release updates the Flink version to fix the log4j CVEs

**Testing Guideline**

You can find here [1] a page in the project wiki on instructions for
testing.
To cast a vote, it is not necessary to perform all listed checks,
but please mention which checks you have performed when voting.

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository
d) New Dockerfiles for the release
e) GoLang SDK tag v3.1.1-rc2

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are signed with the key
73BC0A2B04ABC80BF0513382B0ED0E338D622A92 [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-3.0.0-rc1" [6]
* PR for the new Dockerfiles [7]
* PR for the flink website [8]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for 24 hours. We are targeting this vote to last
until December. 21nd, 22:00 CET.
Or It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative
votes.

Thanks,
Seth & Igal

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Stateful+Functions+Release
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-3.1.1-rc2/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1466
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12351096&styleName=&projectId=12315522
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun/tree/release-3.1.1-rc2
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun-docker/pull/18
[8] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/492

Re: [VOTE] Stateful functions 3.1.1 release

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- Checked that log4j was upgraded to 2.16.0
- Ran e2e tests

Thanks,
Igal.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.