Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kr...@siemens.com> on 2013/03/11 14:31:58 UTC

Boosting based on filter query

I want to be able to boost results where the filetype is a pdf:

Here is some pseudo code so I don't misrepresent/misinterpret via a URL:

search("foobar")
foreach result (where filetype==pdf) {
  boost^10
}

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Boosting based on filter query

Posted by "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kr...@siemens.com>.
Thank you!

Definitely can do this, but how depends on the query parser you're using.   With dismax/edismax you can use bq=filetype:pdf^10 (where "filetype:pdf" is a valid Lucene query parser expression for your documents).

	Erik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.