Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alex Yiu <ay...@us.oracle.com> on 2000/03/24 04:37:38 UTC

questin: urn and uri in TLD

Hi, all,

One quick question:

Regarding to the TLD file in tomcat, the example-taglib.tld contains an
in the DTD in the JSP spec. Instead, it got "<uri>" under "<taglib>".
What's up with that?

And, in javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagLibraryInfo, it got both fields both
"uri" and "urn". uri is optional? and urn is required? (Please see the
java code comment.)

What's exactly "urn"? What's the difference between "uri" and "urn"? It
does not look like a typo to me. I cannot find any definition of "urn"
in JSP 1.1 spec. I hope someone can give a clarification.

And, I hope I did not miss any amendment / errata with JSP 1.1 spec.

Thanks.

Regards,
Alex Yiu