Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com> on 2010/09/09 21:52:49 UTC

Problem building mp2 from source

Perl 5.8.8, Darwin.

Updated to revision 995557.
phred@harpua ~/dev/svn/modperl/mod_perl-2.0 $ perl Makefile.PL
MP_APXS=/Users/phred/dev/svn/sl/httpd2/bin/apxs
Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
   MP_APXS = /Users/phred/dev/svn/sl/httpd2/bin/apxs
no conflicting prior mod_perl version found - good.
Configuring Apache/2.2.4 mod_perl/2.0.5-dev Perl/v5.8.8
Subroutine postamble redefined at ./Makefile.PL line 62.
Subroutine test redefined at ./Makefile.PL line 76.
Subroutine clean redefined at ./Makefile.PL line 96.
Writing Makefile for Apache2::Reload
ERROR from evaluation of
/Users/phred/dev/svn/modperl/mod_perl-2.0/Apache-SizeLimit/Makefile.PL:
You don't seem to have mod_perl 2.0 installed at ./Makefile.PL line
134.

The SizeLimit bootstrap fails because mod_perl 2 is not installed.
Thoughts?  Seems to be a bit of a circular dependency issue.

Re: Problem building mp2 from source

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
> Huh it looks like the SizeLimit bootstrap code did not find the my
> previous mp2 install:

This looks like an anomaly with my build environment.  I did a fresh
5.12.2 checkout and build, and built mp 2.0.5-dev against httpd
2.2.15.  Build was ok and 100% of tests passed.

Once Apache::Test 1.33 and the next version if SizeLimit are released,
it is looking good for a 2.0.5 RC imho.  Please take a minute to test
out the latest A:T RC.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.