Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Suba Suresh <su...@wolfram.com> on 2006/07/13 15:54:44 UTC

Out of memory error

I am indexing different document formats with lucene 1.9. One of the pdf
file I am indexing is 300MG. Whenever the index writer hits that file it
stops the indexing with "Out of Memory" exception. I am using the pdf
box library to index. I have set the following merge factors in my code.

writer.setMergeFactor(1000);
writer.setMaxMergeDocs(9999999);
writer.setMaxBufferedDocs(1000);
writer.setMaxFieldLength(Integer.MAX_VALUE);

I would like any help and suggestions.

thanks,
suba suresh.

Re: Out of memory error

Posted by Suba Suresh <su...@wolfram.com>.
Definitely. Thanks for both the suggestions. Yes it is 300MB.(typo)

suba suresh.

Re: Out of memory error

Posted by Suba Suresh <su...@wolfram.com>.
Sorry for my late response. It took us some time to run it again. We
increased the memory heap to 1G as you suggested and it works. The
indexer is not crashing. (We are running into some other problem with a
powerpoint file .That is for another email).

The code change with
PDFTextStripper.writeText((org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument,%20java.io.Writer)
did not work for us.

Thanks for all the help.

suba suresh.

RE: Out of memory error