Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <ig...@apache.org> on 2012/01/29 00:48:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Traffic Server in Git

The Apache Traffic Server Community is proud to announce
that we have applied for and been accepted to participate
in the experimental implementation of Git at Apache.

Our Subversion repository has been frozen and is henceforth
read-only. The new repositories can be cloned at

  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver.git

As well as

  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver-plugins.git

More information for curious users, current and future
contributors, as well as our developers can be found at

  http://git-wip-us.apache.org/

Please note, that the "site" repository will not be migrated
to Git for technical reasons of how the ASF CMS works.

-- Igor, on behalf of the Apache Traffic Server PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Traffic Server in Git

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/28/12 4:48 PM, Igor Galić wrote:
> The Apache Traffic Server Community is proud to announce
> that we have applied for and been accepted to participate
> in the experimental implementation of Git at Apache.

Also, if anyone has questions and problems with git, we have several very
experienced git users in our community. Ask on the mailing lists, or IRC etc.

Cheers,

-- leif

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Traffic Server in Git

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/28/12 4:48 PM, Igor Galić wrote:
> The Apache Traffic Server Community is proud to announce
> that we have applied for and been accepted to participate
> in the experimental implementation of Git at Apache.
>
> Our Subversion repository has been frozen and is henceforth
> read-only. The new repositories can be cloned at
>
>    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver.git
>
> As well as
>
>    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/trafficserver-plugins.git
>
> More information for curious users, current and future
> contributors, as well as our developers can be found at
>
>    http://git-wip-us.apache.org/

Cool, thanks Igor! One quick note, if you only need read-access, you can use
http:// URLs (I think at least) ?

-- Leif

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Traffic Server in Git

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/28/12 4:48 PM, Igor Galić wrote:
> The Apache Traffic Server Community is proud to announce
> that we have applied for and been accepted to participate
> in the experimental implementation of Git at Apache.

For people new to git, there is an online book, available for free:

     http://book.git-scm.com/index.html

-- Leif

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Traffic Server in Git

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.