Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com> on 2003/09/24 15:31:08 UTC

Speed differences between and

Does anyone know if there are any speed differences between using
<jsp:include> and <c:import> if one is including a file that is local to the
web server?  Obviously if one does <c:import> and imports a file from a
remote web server that will be slower than including something on the local
server.

Sorry if this is a common question, but I searched google, here and
struts-user and could not find an answer.

Thanks!

Matt

Re: Speed differences between and

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Sgarlata Matt wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any speed differences between using
> <jsp:include> and <c:import> if one is including a file that is local to the
> web server?  Obviously if one does <c:import> and imports a file from a
> remote web server that will be slower than including something on the local
> server.
>
> Sorry if this is a common question, but I searched google, here and
> struts-user and could not find an answer.

Since c:import does what a jsp:include does if it a local resource, the
difference should be minimal.  It is open source though, so I'd check
out the code and see what is any extra processing is done.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: Speed differences between and