Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Glenn TheMan <an...@hotmail.com> on 2020/04/07 09:05:32 UTC

Running Fuseki stand-alone - where is FUSEKI_BASE?

Hi, I am running Fuseki 3.14 as stand-alone but I have a problem understanding where the process is running.
I've set FUSEKI_HOME in  /etc/environment in Ubuntu and sourced it.

FUSEKI_HOME="/home/myhome/Development/jena/apache-jena-fuseki"

According to the documentation the FUSEKI_BASE is relative to FUSEKI_HOME/run. But it's actually set to /home/myhome/Development/jena/run when running it (depending to current path in terminal).

I've tried different relative path (absolute path work of-course) but always get an error that the server can't find the dataset file provided.
./apache-jena-fuseki/fuseki-server --file=../datafiles/artist_data_v2.ttl /ds

Where is the stand-alone fuseki server actually running?

Sv: Running Fuseki stand-alone - where is FUSEKI_BASE?

Posted by Glenn TheMan <an...@hotmail.com>.
I resolve to run Fuseki in Tomcat as web application (war) instead. Easiest way if you have Tomcat installed already.

Thanks Andy.

________________________________
Try running with --verbose. It prints out FUSEKI_HOME and FUSEKI_BASE.

FUSEKI_BASE is either set as an environment variable or is "run"
resolved against FUSEKI_HOME.

--data loads the file from the file as given into a memory dataset, not
resolved against FUSEKI_BASE.  Relative files are resolved against the
current directory.  The fuseki-server script does not change current
directory.

     Andy

Re: Running Fuseki stand-alone - where is FUSEKI_BASE?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Glenn,