Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch> on 2017/11/09 12:36:42 UTC

Reproducible NetBeans builds [WAS: Re: HTML/Java checksums was: Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)]

>> Every built of a jar will produce a different sha, so you're assessment
>> is correct.

Another reason NetBeans builds should be reproducible.

Rather amazed Apache does not have a foundation-wide move like Debian's https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds

--emi

Re: Reproducible NetBeans builds [WAS: Re: HTML/Java checksums was: Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)]

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 6:56 PM Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva <
victorwssilva@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if someone already mentioned or acknowledged that, but let's give
> a look at this:
>

> http://zlika.github.io/presentations/devoxx_fr_2016/reproducible-builds/slides_en.html

Thanks. Interesting link.  I assume that this would involve us either
hosting binaries and/or modified source packages though?  Or could we
automate from a Maven Central source download with a convenience cache?

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith
Artist & Technologist

Re: Reproducible NetBeans builds [WAS: Re: HTML/Java checksums was: Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)]

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
I assume https://github.com/emilianbold/reproducible-nextbeans and https://nextbeans.com/reproducible.html are known already.

Posted by Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
Then again a lot of the Java world uses either Ant or Maven both of which don't support reproducible builds or have any visible interest in it.

--emi

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.