Posted to user@aries.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/10 11:54:36 UTC

Fwd: Aries Subsystems using Repository

Forwarding to user@aries...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>
Date: 10 October 2015 at 10:53
Subject: Re: Aries Subsystems using Repository
To: users@felix.apache.org

Hi Paul,

Not sure why they would be different? The repository is used to find
any bundles that can provide capabilities which are needed. So if your
DS bundles provide capabilities either via Export-Package or
Provide-Capability that are required by the root bundles of the
subsystem, or their transitive deps, then they should be included.

I'm not sure when I'd have the time to add a ds example, but what
would help is if you could maybe post an example (maybe via a pull
request on https://github.com/coderthoughts/subsystem-examples) that
doesn't work... Maybe we can then pinpoint the issue quicker?

Best regards,

David

Re: Aries Subsystems using Repository

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
If you use bnd3 these Provide-Capability/Require-Capability headers should be generated for you from the DS info.

david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Paul F Fraser <pa...@a2zliving.com>.

Posted by Paul F Fraser <pa...@a2zliving.com>.

Posted by John Ross <jw...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if this is part of the issue, but note that there is no
explicit support for DS in Aries Subsystems as there is for Blueprint.

With Blueprint, service requirements and capabilities will be pulled
directly from the Blueprint XML files. The same is not true for DS.
When using DS, service requirements and capabilities must also be
expressed via the Require-Capability and Provide-Capability bundle
headers.