Posted to users@solr.apache.org by yaswanth kumar <ya...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/21 21:53:10 UTC

Question regarding output field alias name

Is there an option in solr 8 where I can rename (alias) a field that is
part of fl= parameter?

So example fl=firstname , it should show the solr results with "name"
instead of "firstname"

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yaswanth Kumar Konathala.

Re: Question regarding output field alias name

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Yes, if you are using eDismax, including expanding alias to multiple
fields internally:
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_8/the-extended-dismax-query-parser.html#field-aliasing-using-per-field-qf-overrides

f.name.qf=last_name first_name

Another example: