Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com> on 2008/05/13 22:40:10 UTC

Java First problems with Infopath

I used the sample echo and generated a java first webservice. When accessed by soapUI it works fine. when used from InfoPath, it fails with message "InfoPath cannot use the selected Web service method for receiving data because the method does not provide valid XML data."

Am I to understand that one can only use contract first ws?

Re: Java First problems with Infopath

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.
CXF 2.0.5

Microsoft Infopath
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/default.aspx

soap

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
That depends on who 'one' is.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Not having ever used or even seen InfoPath, I'm not sure how much help
I can be here, but I'll try.   (and I don't even have a windows box to
even try.

Even in java first, a contract is available.   You can get the wsdl
contract just by browsing to the URL with  ?wsdl appended.    I guess
I would try downloading that wsdl and pointing InfoPath at it and
seeing what it says.

Dan

On May 13, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Dave Brosius wrote:

> I used the sample echo and generated a java first webservice. When
> accessed by soapUI it works fine. when used from InfoPath, it fails
> with message "InfoPath cannot use the selected Web service method
> for receiving data because the method does not provide valid XML
> data."
>

> Am I to understand that one can only use contract first ws?

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog