Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Chun Yuen Lim <li...@siswa.um.edu.my> on 2015/04/28 07:26:15 UTC

Error: Could not find or load main class storm.starter.RollingTopWord

I was following the
https://github.com/apache/storm/tree/master/examples/storm-starter . I'm
using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my VMWare.

I can run mvn exec:java -D storm.topology=storm.starter.RollingTopWords in
/home/user/storm/examples/storm-starter directory smoothly without problem.
However I can't run it in Apache Storm.

I had storm-starter-topologies-0.9.3.jar in my
/home/user/storm/examples/storm-starter directory. I also had
storm-starter-0.9.3.jar & storm-starter-0.9.3-jar-with-dependencies.jar in
my /home/user/storm/examples/storm-starter/target directory.

Below are the commands I tried before in /home/user/storm/bin directory:

./storm jar storm-starter-*.jar storm.starter.RollingTopWords

./storm jar storm-starter-0.9.3-jar-with-dependencies.jar
storm.starter.RollingTopWords

./storm jar storm-starter-jar-with-dependencies.jar
storm.starter.RollingTopWords

./storm jar storm-starter-topologies-0.9.3.jar storm.starter.RollingTopWords

All end up with the same error: Error: Could not find or load main class
storm.starter.RollingTopWords . How should I solve this problem? A detail
solution will be helpful. Thank you.