Posted to dev@community.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2016/07/18 14:14:57 UTC

Cross-project blog post?

vulnerability we are aware of) the HTTP, Tomcat and ATS projects
collected feedback, along with validation from the Perl project;

https://www.apache.org/security/asf-httpoxy-response.txt

Does it make sense to blog this, or at least R/T from @TheASF?

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
No commentary required, but feel free to edit (including the source text
under www.a.o/security/) and add commentary as you see fit.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/httpoxy_cgi_vulnerability_response

Thanks Rich!

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kk...@apache.org>.
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:02 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> What if we digest the audience and list the scope (different projects which
>> are impacted/offering mitigations) in a more conversational tone, mention
>> the httpoxy URL and just point the reader to
>> https://www.apache.org/security/asf-httpoxy-response.txt for all the
>> detailed workarounds we've offered?...
>
> That sounds good to me, here's a minimal suggestion that we might
> publish at https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/ unless you want
> something more complete.
>
> ***
> Title: "httpoxy" CGI vulnerability response
>
> A group of ASF projects (HTTP, Tomcat, Traffic Server, Perl) has
> analyzed the CGI application vulnerability recently published at
> https://httpoxy.org/
>
> Their detailed analysis, targeted at Web server administrators and CGI
> developers and including mitigation information, can be found at
> https://www.apache.org/security/asf-httpoxy-response.txt
> ***

I think that perl in list of ASF projects should be spelled "Perl (mod_perl)",
to distinguish it from Perl programming language as a whole.

Also HTTP in that list to be spelled "HTTP Server"

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
What if we digest the audience and list the scope (different projects which
are impacted/offering mitigations) in a more conversational tone, mention
the httpoxy URL and just point the reader to
https://www.apache.org/security/asf-httpoxy-response.txt for all the
detailed workarounds we've offered?

FWIW I've requested a Security Team blog topic and listed some key team
members including MarkT, MJC and Dirk as initial admins, but that may take
a bit more time to provision.

Re: Cross-project blog post?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Cross-project blog post?